Required documents for Trade License registration
POLICE CLEARANCE - COMPLICATED! READ CAREFULLY!
There are different requirements for EU Citizens, 3rd-Country Nationals and Czech citizens!
EU Citizen WITHOUT (temporary) residence permit and shorter than 3 months in CZ:
- Police Clearance from home country 1 - REQUIRED ORIGINAL paper document, not older than 3 months, with apostille stamp.
- OR: Police Clearance through Czechpoint - REQUIRED ORIGINAL paper document, does not work for all nationalities, processing can take 25 days.
EU Citizen WITH (temporary) residence permit OR proof of stay longer than 3 months in CZ:
- Police Clearance - NOT REQUIRED
- Police Clearance 1 - REQUIRED ORIGINAL paper document , not older than 3 months, with apostille stamp.
- Police Clearance NOT Required for UK citizens with a Temporary Residence Permit with EXCEPTION 50 or a Permanent Residence Permit.
UKRAINIAN Citizen with Temporary Protection Status in CZ:
- Sworn Statement - REQUIRED ORIGINAL paper document, with a notarized signature (we provide a template)
3rd-Country National / non-EU Citizen, US Citizens, Spouse / Registered Partner :
- Police Clearance from home country 1 - REQUIRED ORIGINAL paper document , not older than 3 months, with apostille stamp or superlegalization.
- US citizens 2 can use an afidavit from the US embassy instead of a criminal extract
- Spouses / Registered Partners of an EU Citizen 3 follow the police clearance rules of EU Citizens
Note 1: Police Clearance. The 3 months starts counting from the day the Police Clearance was issued, *NOT* the date of apostille / superlegalization / translation. Also do not bring a document that will expire in a few days - do not gamble on it still being valid during the registration process.
Officially, you should bring a police clearance for each country where you spent more than 6 months in the past 3 years. There are ways to avoid this requirement.
We do not recommend having a translation made abroad - the translation needs to be made by a translator registered at the Czech Court, else the Trade License Register may refuse the translation. It is most likely also cheaper to have the translation done in Czech Republic instead of abroad.
Note 2: US citizens can use an afidavit from the US embassy instead of a criminal extract for the Trade License registration, other nationalities can not.
Note 3: Spouses & Partners ...as long as they already have a residence permit based on this relationship
4 REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for all nationalities listed above:
- Passport / EU ID card + Visa / Residence Permit - copy or scan
- Rental Contract - REQUIRED ORIGINAL for EU without residence permit (to prove you are longer than 3 months in CZ), in all other cases a scan or copy is sufficient
In case you own property in CZ: the Vypis z Kadastru - scan or copy is sufficient
- (Former) address abroad (even if you do not live there anymore, from your home country, not where you lived last) - you can also fill it in on the order form.
- Permission of the landlord Udeleni Souhlasu.pdf - REQUIRED ORIGINAL paper document for registering the Trade License on that address (unless you order a virtual office from us). The 'Udeleni Souhlasu' is something else than the 'Doklad o zajisteni ubytovani.pdf ' - that second document is for registering a visa / residence permit.
Czech Documents that speed up the registration process:
- DIČ (CZ Tax ID) or rodné číslo (CZ birth number)
- CZ Public Health Care number (it is on the plastic card or paper confirmation)
- CZ Social Security number (the variable symbol, it is on the paper confirmation)
Especially For Czech Citizens and People with Trvaly Pobyt:
- police clearance (Výpis z Rejstříku trestů) NOT required
- Občanka / Trvalý pobyt, with Rodné číslo REQUIRED copy / scan (no need for passport scan / copy)
- former address abroad NOT required
- If you want to register your Trade License on the address of your Občanka (your trvalé bydliště), you do not need permission of the landlord. For all other cases: have the landlord sign a permission - here is the template: Udeleni Souhlasu.pdf
- VERY IMPORTANT: the registration procedure for Czech Nationals / Trvaly Pobyt is entirely different than for foreigners without visa / residence permit. Therefore, the registration fee is LOWER. 4
Continue to: Business Addres